OUR BELLE FLOWER

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

High Fructose, Aspartame and MSG

Yes, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame and MSG are forever banned from our household! We make sure we check the ingredients of the food we buy at the grocery before we shove them into our mouths. It didn't take a long time for you to follow this rule in our family! You also understand that this is our way of taking care of the bodies that Jesus gave us.

One night, while watching Little House in the Prairie (your latest favorite TV show), you were eating a bowl of raw sunflower seeds (shelled). I told you that you were eating too much of them. Your reply cracked me up, "It's okay, Momma. These don't have high fructose corn syrup."

Visiting your grandpa Martens at the Sauer Home, one of his friends gave you a chocolate candy. Before eating it you asked, "Daddy, could you check if there is aspartame in this candy?" That's a good one!

Eating at Grandma's house for Thanksgiving, I put a few drop of Ranch dressing on your favorite salad. Daddy was concerned that the dressing might contain MSG. Upon hearing him, you said, "Mommy, I can't eat my salad now! It's got MSG! I don't want MSG!"

I'm so proud of you, Sweetheart! You learn so fast!

No comments: