OUR BELLE FLOWER

Monday, November 24, 2008

Her Big Girl Bed

We were scouting for Isabelle's big girl bed for a few months. I already had a clear picture of what I wanted for her. I wanted a Twin Canopy Princess bed set for her. I was also telling her that we were gonna buy her a princess bed and she was very excited about it. She is into princess thing a lot... princess purse, princess outfits, princess lawn chair, princess videos, princess sippy cups and so on and so forth. So when she heard me say that we were buying her a big girl's princess bed, she was so excited that she even promised she would sleep in that bed and not move to mommy and daddy's bed at midnight (well, I kind of made her promised that.) But she is always welcome to sleep with us in our bed anytime she wants. So anyway, we found the exact bed I had in mind but we thought it was too spendy. So we kept looking for something similar but cheaper. We got to a small furniture shop and found a very simply twin bed with an underbed storage unit. We thought it was practical. We bought it. My dream to give Izzy a princess canopy bed was shattered! I was sad on the way home. Isabelle had no clue. When it was about time for P to pick up the bed, I asked him if he could cancel the said purchase and he did without a question because he knew why. What a relief! Last Friday, Hom Furniture had a huge sale. Their Princess Bouquet twin canopy bed was a hundred dollar off. So we went to the store and bought it at around 11pm on Friday night. P picked the set yesterday and put it together. When Isabelle saw it, she was very excited and slept in it through the night. She kept her promise on Night 1.

No comments: